Blizzard Video is the internal team behind the gameplay trailers and live action videos for all your favorite Blizzard games. When a new hero joins the fight for the future, another threat to Azeroth arises, or a new set shuffles into the Tavern… we answer the call for epic video content. We exist to engage, inform and activate the global Blizzard community. Our content includes Blizzcon reveals, developer updates, top secret internal communications, and all the videos in between.
We are looking for an experienced ‘Gameplay Capture Artist’ to join our team in a temporary role. You are a sharp, creative problem solver with an artistic eye, and thrives in the game industry’s dynamic, high pressure creative environment.
- Control characters as a ‘stickman’ for small to large multiplayer setups across multiple IPs
- Operate in-game cameras and film anything from single animations and scenic map shots, to complicated multi-character scenarios and raw gameplay sequences
- Light in-game sets and characters from scratch
- Learn multiple proprietary game client and engine workflows
- Organize recorded footage and deliver to editors
- Research future content and develop internal tools
- Update and maintain internal documentation and project shot lists
- Communicate directly with developers from game teams to ensure that content is ready to shoot
- Act on direction and feedback from department Lead and Directors
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a professional gameplay capture artist
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film, Media, Fine Art, a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Advanced PC user able to troubleshoot most common issues
- Passionate about Blizzard games with a high-level character or ranking in at least one
- Exceptional eye for shot composition and framing, with professional examples
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to quality check your own work
- Comfortable with both controller and keyboard-based camera controls
- Ability to take direction, positively respond to feedback, and iterate quickly
- Professional experience in an environment with quick turnarounds, and frequent priority shifts
- Highly creative with a shown ability to generate innovative concepts, designs, and ideas
- Communicate effectively across multiple teams, with excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- A top collaborator effective in a team environment, as well as ambitious to explore new workflows and software
- A real passion for all things video game, film, comic, and pop culture
- Professional video editing experience (Avid, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro)
- 3D and/or comping experience with After Effects, Maya, 3ds Max, Blender, or similar software
- Game design, modding, or machinima creation in Unity, Unreal, or game engine
- Casual experience with coding/scripting (Lua, Python, etc)
- JIRA, Confluence, Excel, Sharepoint, or task-tracking and documentation software
Required Materials in Your Application:
Demo reel or link to portfolio of work
Resume (PDF version preferred)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to [email protected] General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.