Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced and creative Senior Human Resources Manager to join our HR team in Irvine, CA. This role will be an HR business and talent partner for our animation, sound, video and creative development departments and will also assist in HR projects and initiatives across the studio. This position will report to the human resources director.
- Serve as a talent partner to the team by helping to build encouraging and creative HR programs to suit the team's initiatives.
- Will be a member of the business’s leadership team.
- Lead, facilitate, and optimize the delivery of consistently excellent HR services in the areas of on-boarding, employee communications, organizational development, training, performance management, employee relations, benefits, compensation, talent acquisition, compliance, and mentoring.
- Assess the organization’s culture to ensure alignment with our core values.
- Enthusiastically identifies problem areas and proposes solutions, both within the team you are supporting and within HR as a whole
- Support the team's employee opinion survey efforts by helping craft, and drive action plans.
- Provide mentoring to management and employees to resolve conflicts, improve team effectiveness, and ensure support of organizational changes and business plans.
- Implement human resources policies and guarantee adherence with legal regulations.
- Participate in strategy sessions with the HR team on policy, and HR practices.
- Ensure HR transactional needs are met for the teams you support.
- A minimum of 7 years’ dynamic HR business partner / talent partner experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Demonstrable track record leading, and delivering high quality HR services across all disciplines to all levels of employees (senior management, first level managers, and line level employees)
- Validated teammate who builds reciprocal relationships with HR specialist teams (talent acquisition, learning and organizational development, compensation, HR systems, etc.) and business partners
- Shown success utilizing employee attraction, engagement, and retention strategies
- Superior interpersonal, and communications skills (both written and verbal)
- High degree of business insight; results oriented with an ability to work independently
- Able to excel in an ever-changing environment using an ambitious mindset
- Self-starter, highly motivated, and achievement oriented
- Able to maintain a strict code of confidentiality, and discretion
Required Application Materials
- Advanced degree (Masters, etc.) in related fields
- Human resources experience in an entertainment, publishing, or gaming company
- SPHR certification for California
- Experience in Workday, validated competency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Validated background in California employment law
- Experience working in a HR department for entertainment or technology companies
- A passion for film and video games
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only Resumes with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences