We’re a new team and we’re looking for a versatile and creative Senior Character Concept Artist to help us build a new unannounced project for Blizzard. Your goal is to bring characters, creatures, and an entire world to life and push the visual development of a new game. Ultimately, you’re combining inspiring art with inspiring gameplay while actively communicating and thriving on a small team.
- Create highly imaginative character, gear, weapon, and prop concepts that inspire a team and contribute to the unique visual direction of a new game
- Create a diverse and wide range of alluring and inspiring creature concepts that draw players into a world while helping 3D character artists model and texture them
- Create jaw-dropping illustration work to capture the game’s feel and inspire others to believe in its unique artistic vision
- Partner with other artists, designers, and engineers to collaborate on creatively complex assignments to develop an inspiring art vision for this new Blizzard experience.
- Over 5 years of professional experience as a character concept artist and an understanding of the concept artist’s role in the game development process
- Exceptional ability to create traditional 2D art. You know when to work quickly to generate conceptual ideas and when to slow down and polish an image for public consumption
- You’re highly creative and an expert with design, silhouette, and structure when creating characters, and you’re a pro with costuming and representing a wide range of themes and personalities with your characters and creatures
- You might have some experience working with 3D modeling programs like Zbrush to quickly get ideas out there to get the job done
- Exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy and you know how to stylize them to create compelling and memorable characters with emotions and feelings
- You love to collaborate. Creating epic entertainment experiences is a team effort and you thrive when exploring ideas and working with others
- You love games, movies, and animation, and you love dissecting them while thinking about how to take them to the next level
- You have a passion for Blizzard games and you understand the unique approach to creating Blizzard art for our game universes
- Portfolio – Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog, or online album. Physical media will not be accepted
- An art test might be required